Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - James Clear - ★★★.½

AUTHOR: James Clear
GENRE: Self-Help, Motivational Nonfiction.
PUBLICATION DATE: October 18, 2018
RATING: 3.5 stars.


This came highly recommended and that's why I broke my resolution of no self-help books. Now that I’m done with it, I can see why it is so beloved and often suggested as a life-changer. This is one of the better self-help books I’ve read because it’s quite practical. I can’t stand books that spout impractical philosophy without offering concrete and realistic methods of implementation. Most of the tips here are sensible and easily manageable. The anecdotes accompanying every advice help reinforce the point. Clear’s four-way method on how to make/break habits sounds very doable. The neat chapter summaries help in a quick checklist of the executables if you ever need a quick recap.

So it is going to change my habits from now on? Nope! And that’s partly because whatever he suggested is already something I do without even realising it. I’m a compulsive planner by nature and most of his tips rotate around planning your way to success. So, just as always, I’m the stubborn mule who doesn’t benefit from reading a self-help book while everyone else can see the wonders of its content.

Recommended to lovers of this genre and those wanting to give this genre a try.

Comments

Explore more posts from this blog:

The Book Witch - Meg Shaffer - ★

The Ferryman and His Wife - Frode Grytten - ★★

Giantess - J.C. Deveney

After Life - Gayle Forman - ★

The Mistakes That Made Us: Confessions from Twenty Poets - Compiled by Irene Latham & Charles Waters - ★★★.¾