To Drink Coffee with a Ghost - Amanda Lovelace - ★★★★

AUTHOR: Amanda Lovelace
SERIES: things that h(a)unt #2
GENRE: Poetry
PUBLICATION DATE: September 17, 2019
RATING: 4 stars.


I've read "Break Your Glass Slippers" by Amanda Lovelace and fell in love with her unique poetic style. So when I saw this title amid the Goodreads search results, I knew I'd enjoy it.

The ghost in the title refers to Amanda Lovelace's deceased mother, with whom she had a turbulent relationship. All her angst and trauma seems to come pouring out in the poems. It is a beautiful and heartrending book. 

Read "Break Your Glass Slippers" too if you want to discover more of fabulous Amanda Lovelace poetry.

Comments

Explore more posts from this blog:

A Million Ways: Stories of Motherhood - Various - ★★★.¾

Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - ★★★★.½

Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees: Rite of Spring - Patrick Horvath - ★★★★

The Language of Love and Other Stories - Nancy Christie - ★★★★

Everything was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt - Ben Reeves - ★★★★.½