The Official Cursed Princess Club Coloring Book - LambCat - ★★★★

AUTHOR: LambCat
GENRE: Colouring Book
PUBLICATION DATE: July 9, 2024
RATING: 4 stars.

In a Nutshell: A good option for CPC fans who also like to colour.


While we all must have used colouring books in our childhood, the last few years have seen a boom in colouring books for adults. These are supposed to relieve stress, help with anxiety, and improve focus. But I don’t see myself using colouring books. In fact, I have not touched a colouring book since my childhood (unless you count the ones I “touched” when I handed them over to my kiddos.)

As my friends can guess, I got this mainly for the CPC characters. I have no idea how to review a colouring book! 😆

Here are just some ramblings that are hopefully helpful:

🦞 This book has 46 full-page illustrations. The coloured version is on the left and the B&W sketch outline is on the right.

🦙 The graphics cover almost all the main characters of the CPC series. The only key characters who aren’t present here are King Leland and his wife Isolde.

🐯 The artwork is stunning, as expected. Even comparing the images on the left and the right shows how much difference a talented artist can make with the right colouring technique.

🕷️ You will enjoy the graphics even better if you know the CPC series as there are many hidden elements that only we fans will be able to decipher. There are also some new scenes herein.

🐈 The images are fairly intricate on most pages, with the finer detailing possibly requiring greater finesse and focus to colour well.

🦢 Some of the chosen graphics are challenging, as they involve darker tints or lustrous highlights. I am not sure how easy these would be to colour accurately on paper. Digital art is very different from hand colouring, so these might be the trickiest to match to the original.
 
🐰 Then again, it is a colouring book. There are no rules about how you should colour in your own book. Go wild with your imagination!

On the whole, I am sure this book would be a great addition to the libraries of CPC fans who want a look at their favourite characters and try their hand at colouring as well. If you aren’t already a fan, I hope this colouring book motivates you to give the series a go. It is available on the Webtoon app, and is also being adapted into a graphic novel series, of which three books are already out.

My thanks to Quarto Publishing Group for providing the DRC of “The Official Cursed Princess Club Coloring Book” via NetGalley. This review is voluntary and contains my honest opinion about the book.

(CPC fans: Easter egg for you. Do you recognise the significance of each animal emoji in this review?)

Comments

Explore more posts from this blog:

Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! - T.J. Klune - ★★★★.¾

Christmas Ever After - Jaimie Admans - ★★★★.¼

Hecatontagonal Stew - Kyle A. Massa - ★★★.½

Beneath The Trees Where Nobody Sees - Patrick Horvath - ★★★★.¼

Making Up the Gods - Marion Agnew - ★★★★.¼