Frank and Bert: The One Where Bert Learns to Ride a Bike - Chris Naylor-Ballesteros - ★★★★★

AUTHOR: Chris Naylor-Ballesteros

GENRE: Children's Picture Book
RATING: 5 Stars!

As amazingly adorable as the first book! 😍

Frank and Bert, best friends extraordinaire, are back. This time, Bert is struggling to ride his bicycle without going all wobbly, and Frank is doing his best to help his big friend perfect his technique. Needless to say, the going is quite tough, and also quite comic.

I used to read plenty of kiddie books but decided to take a small break as the content started feeling repetitive. However, when I saw this title on NetGalley, I jumped at it simply on looking at the cover. How I loved these two cuties in the first book ‘Frank and Bert’! I had read it almost exactly a year ago and still remember how much I had laughed at the ending. The duo doesn’t disappoint this time around.

The book delivers strong points on friendship, trust, self-confidence, and practice. None of these morals are rammed into the reader but come out through the humorous events on page. Then again, even if it didn’t have a single thought-worthy lesson, I would still have recommended it simply to enjoy the story for its own sake. It’s hilarious and yet relatable.

The illustrations are as cute as you can see on the cover. I simply love the detailing on each sketch, right down to the “fur” on Frank’s and Bert’s bodies. The drawings are simple yet eye-catching.

The language would be perfect for beginner readers as the words are easy for their age group. (3-6 years.)

Recommended with all my heart.

My thanks to Nosy Crow and NetGalley for the DRC of “Frank and Bert: The One Where Bert Learns to Ride a Bike”. This review is voluntary and contains my honest opinion about the book.

If you wish to begin with the first book, here’s my review for ‘Frank and Bert’: https://roshreviews.blogspot.com/2022/01/frank-and-bert-chris-naylor-ballesteros.html

Both books are a must for anyone with little kids around.

Comments

Explore more posts from this blog:

Takeout Sushi - Christopher Green - ★★★★

Big Bad Wolf Investigates Fairy Tales - Catherine Cawthorne - ★★★★★

The Great Divide - Cristina Henríquez - ★★★★.¼

Making Up the Gods - Marion Agnew - ★★★★.¼

Red Runs the Witch's Thread - Victoria Williamson - ★★★★